Friday, October 15, 2010

Another week in Ottawa

Hello Campers,

Hope you are all well and good! This week was quite eventful and awesome! Thats a weird sentence, but you'll get over it! I also realize that every sentence so far has ended with an exclamation point....!

So to update from last time, I had an amazing trip out to my cousins for dinner on Sunday. So good to have a big homemade meal, and two in one weekend is just awesome. I also had a great lunch with Colin and Laura. They are truly the nicest people I have ever met. They are so so so wonderful and I'm so happy they were in town. They made an already great weekend perfect! BUT, it was soon back to reality! Classes, work, reading blah blah. The norm. I wont bore you with that.

However, wednesday was very exciting! Went to class, and was talking to megan and we decided we needed to do something fun. SO that night we had a little games night. Just a few people, a bottle of wine, some nice cheese and such. Good times. The interesting part was my way home from getting bread and cheese. Dear god. We as city people (I realize how funny that sounds) become used to the homeless quite quickly, and for the most part they are very much not a problem in the city. UNTIL WEDNESDAY. As I was standing on the street corner waiting to cross, a very drunk trio of two men and a woman were having what I can only describe as a brawl. One man who was supposed to be in a wheelchair had apparently fallen out. While the other two were helping him back into it, he was yelling and punching and getting very upset. So were the other two. The real shit went down when they got him in, and the woman tried to wheel him away. HE LOST HIS SHIT! He did NOT want to be wheeled anywhere, and while he was yelling the worst things ever at this woman, she was punching him in the back! If I wasnt so scared that they would involve me (because I was all of 2 feet away, at night, by myself, just waiting at the corner), I would have felt terrible and sorry for them, but I really just wanted to leave. So that was fun.

Last night we decided to have a grad students pumpkin carving night. Amazing. There were about 8-10 people at my place, and we carved pumpkins and drank and ate the most amazing cheese I've ever tasted. I'll come back to that in a minute haha. It was so much fun. We roasted seeds and just had a ball. Super fun night. OK. This cheese. Its made by GOD himself I swear. Its called Saint Andres and it is the best thing I've ever eaten. Its a triple cream soft cheese from quebec. Jonothan (who is from Montreal and grew up with it) brought it along with some amazing pate. It was so good I went this afternoon and bought some for myself. If you ever get a chance to try it, brace yourself. Amazing. Anyway. Cheese.

Tonight is the University orchestra concert. I'm very excited to go and hear them. This is their first gig of the year and I'm pumped. Theyre playing Tchaik 4 and a Wagner prelude. Good program! Its down in a neighborhood where my friend Erin said that her friend was punched by a hooker last year. So thats interesting. I'm gunning for zero hooker punches tonight, but I'll bring an umbrella just incase I need to defend myself!

As a side note, I'm heading home a week from today for about a week as we have it off here. I'm very very very excited to see people and hear the wind ensemble play with Dr. Hunsberger. Its going to be magical. I'm also excited to celebrate halloween in wolffy.

Have an amazing weekend everyone! Miss and love you all as always!

Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment